Darn, this deal has expired.
From 10:00 a.m.-midnight on Saturday, January 14, 2012, The Poe Museum will host Poe’s 203rd Birthday Bash. Admission is $5, but once you have a ticket, you can come & go as you please during the event.
Though more events may be added to the festivities, here’s the current schedule:
- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Gift shop sale. Take 15% off your entire purchase of $10+
- Noon: Exhibit Opening: Stormier, Wilder and More Weird: James Carling and “The Raven” + curator talk
- 1:00 p.m.-1:15 p.m.: Lucretia and Lavinia (belly dance duo)
- 1:15 p.m.-1:30 p.m.: Aeon Yahweh (musician)
- 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.: Poetry Readings by local writers
- 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Nuit (dancer) Lucretia and Lavinia (belly dance duo), Sadira (dancer), and DragonSong (band)
- 5:00 p.m.-on: Mulled Wine, Butter Beer and non-alcoholic beverage cash bar with free snacks
- 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Appearance by Edgar Allen Poe
- 5:30 p.m.: Poe Birthday Cake
- 6:00 p.m.: Eliza Poe performance
- 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.: Nuit (dancer), Lucretia and Lavinia (belly dance duo), The Muse (dancer), Madame Onça (dancer)
- 8:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m.: Machine Gun Mustache (band)
- 8:00 p.m.: Theatrical Victorian Seance, combining 19th-century tricks and modern-day effects
- 9:00 p.m.: Theatrical Victorian Seance, combining 19th-century tricks and modern-day effects
- 10:30 p.m.: Poe Jeopardy
- 11:30 p.m.: Champagne Toast to Poe
- Bonus: Richmond Trolley Company is offering free trolley tours at 4:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. during Poe’s Birthday Bash.
1914-16 East Main Street, Richmond. 804-648-5523