Darn, this deal has expired.
Friday Cheers is one of my favorite music series in the RVA. Not only does it feature a good mix of bands, but it’s cheap: Tickets are $5-$10 each, depending on the show, and kids under age 12 are admitted free. Or you can opt for a season pass for $40. We just won’t talk about how much I’ve paid to see some of these bands perform….
Gates open at 6:00 p.m., and the opener should start playing at around 6:30 p.m. You can order tickets online via Tickets to Buy or buy them at one of the two entry points to Brown’s Island. Payment is taken at both locations, but debit and credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) are only accepted at the pedestrian bridge at 7th Street.
Here’s the lineup for Friday Cheers 2012:
- May 11: Carolina Chocolate Drops with The Inflatables; $5
- May 18-20: Dominion Riverrock Festival, featuring Galactic, Travelin’ McCourys feat. Keller Williams, and JJ Grey and Mofro. All events & concerts are free.
- May 25: RVA Music Night with Three Sheets to the Wind, The Trillions and Photosynthesizers; $5
- June 1: Chris Young with Honky Tonk Heroes; $10
- June 8: ALO with Former Champions; $5
- June 15: Dawes with Sara Watkins; $5
- June 22: Alabama Shakes with Robert Ellis; $5
- June 29: Trampled by Turtles with Goldrush; $10