Darn, this deal has expired.
From 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 23, Cultsha Xpo 2012 will take place at the Science Museum of Virginia. If you’re unfamiliar with it, Cultsha = cultural shareholder, and the Cultsha Xpo is an excellent opportunity to sample Richmond’s cultural arts offerings.
Not only will you get free admission to the museum during the event & be treated to free theatrical & musical performances, but when you register online to be a Cultsha Member at RichmondCultureWorks.org, you’ll receive an envelope with $10-$100 worth of Cultsha bucks when you arrive at the Cultsha Xpo. FYI–Online registration closes at noon on June 22, 2012.
You can spend your Cultsha bucks any way you like, but the catch is you must spend them on June 23. They’re good toward tickets to performances, programs for kids, classes, & more at the Richmond-area arts-&-cultural organizations that’ll be on hand during the event, so you’ll have plenty to choose from. In the unlikely event that nothing catches your eye, you can use your Cultsha bucks to make a general donation.
Here’s the 2012 performance schedule:
- 10:20 a.m.: Ezibu Muntu African Dance and Cultural Foundation
- 10:40 a.m.: K Dance
- 11:00 a.m.: HATTheatre
- 11:30 a.m.: Richmond Triangle Players
- Noon: Richmond Ballet
- 12:30 p.m.: Visual Arts Center of Richmond
- 1:00 p.m.: SPARC
- 1:30 p.m.: One Voice Chorus
- 2:00 p.m.: Virginia Repertory Theatre
- 2:30 p.m.: Firehouse Theatre Project
- 3:00 p.m.: Concert Ballet of Virginia
- 3:30 p.m.: Latin Ballet of Virginia
- 4:00 p.m.: Greater Richmond Chorus
- 4:30 p.m.: Offering
- 10:45 a.m.: Latin Ballet of Virginia
- 11:15 a.m.: artspace/Slam Richmond
- 11:45 a.m.: Virginians for the Arts
- 12:15 p.m.: James River Ringers
- 12:45 p.m.: Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- 1:15 p.m.: The Podium Foundation
- 1:45 p.m.: Virginia Opera
- 2:15 p.m.: Richmond Shakespeare
- 2:45 p.m.: Elegba Folklore Society
- 3:15 p.m.: St. John’s Church
- 3:45 p.m.: TBA
- 4:15 p.m.: SPARC
The Science Museum of Virginia is located at 2500 West Broad Street, Richmond.