Darn, this deal has expired.
The Pocahontas Premieres 2012 season opens this weekend. From May 25-September 15, you can grab a blanket or a lawn chair and head out to the amphitheatre at Pocahontas State Park for an evening of free or cheap music.
Concerts range from free-$10 each (ages 10 & under admitted free). Parking is $5 for free events. If you buy your tickets in advance, your $10 ticket covers parking & concert admission; tickets purchased on the day of the show are $10 each + a $5 parking fee. If you know you’ll head out for five or more of the $10 concerts, opt for a $45 season ticket. To save on parking to free concerts & other events at state parks, you can get a one-park Naturally Yours Parking Passport for $40 or a Naturally Yours Passport Plus for $65 (covers parking & admission at all state parks).
Here’s the lineup for this week + the rest of the Pocahontas Premieres 2012 season:
- June 8, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: An Evening with the Tams. $10
- June 22, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: An Evening with the Band of Oz. $10
- July 7, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.: An Evening with Casper. $10
- July 21, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.: Seldom Scene. $10
- July 29, 6:00 p.m.: Richmond Concert Band. Free.
- August 4, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.: Hotel California. $10
- August 11, 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: Elvis. $10
- September 8, 6:00 p.m.: Richmond Symphony. Free. (Rain date: September 9)
- September 15, 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: Zoso. $10
Pocahontas State Park is located at 10301 State Park Rd, Chesterfield. 804-796-4255