Darn, this deal has expired.
I’m planning to head out to Busch Gardens at least two more times this season.
Next month, I want to check out Howl-O-Scream, and I plan to go back in December to see the park lit up for Christmas Town.
If I didn’t already have plans this weekend, I’d go then, too, since September 8 & 9, 2012, is Pass Member Appreciation Weekend. Pass Members get extra treats all weekend:
- Pass members will get one free dessert per entree purchased in Das Festhaus.
- If pass members spend $50 in select stores, they’ll get a free Christmas Town ticket.
- And from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on September 8, 2012, pass members get exclusive ride time on Verbolten. We tried it in July, and I want to ride it again. Since there’s only a 48″ height requirement, my youngest could ride, which is perfect given that she’s the thrill-seeker in the family. My youngest & I loved the sudden drop, the speed makes for a fun ride, and my oldest insisted we go again once she got over the initial ‘that scared me half to death’ reaction.
Planning to head out to Busch Gardens? You don’t have to pay full price. Here are a few ways to get in on the cheap:
- If you buy an annual pass ($119.99), you’ll get free parking, unlimited admission for a year, 50% savings on Christmas Town tickets, discounts on single-day tickets for friends, & more. Bonus: For a limited time, use code “BGW1YR12″ to save $20 on a Busch Gardens-Williamsburg annual pass or $30 off a two-year pass. FYI–Add the promo code in the navigation bar on Busch Gardens’ site before you shop. I just tried it, and I’m getting an error message, but I can still access the deal. Once you clear the error message, click “Ticket Options” & the screen will refresh. When it does, you should see a “Promo” tab, which will get you to the pass discount offers.
- Busch Gardens season pass holders can bring a friend free on Friday, September 14, 2012. You’ll need to log into your Busch Gardens account to access the online-only deal.
- Busch Gardens season pass holders can save 50% on one-day tickets to during Howl-O-Scream; the discount is valid for admission on Fridays only through October 26, 2012. You’ll need to log into your Busch Gardens account to access the online-only deal.
- If you are a Virginia resident and you have a child age 3-5, sign them up for a free Sesame Street Forest of Fun Preschool Pass, valid for unlimited admission though October 28, 2012.
- If you opt for the Friday-only Twilight Ticket, $50 buys you admission to Howl-O-Scream Busch Gardens after 4:00 p.m.
- If you buy the Fall Fun Card ($69.99), you’ll pay for a day but get unlimited admission to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens through October 28, 2012. Parking is not included.
- Members of the military (active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman) + three direct dependents can get free admission during the 2012 season with the Here’s to the Heroes program (register online). Limit one complimentary single-day admission per person per year.
- You can buy discount tickets to Busch Gardens at the Henrico County Recreation and Parks Administrative Offices, located in the Human Services building. Through October 28, 2012, you can buy Discount Days tickets for $49 for those ages 10+ & $39 for those ages 3-9. To get the deal, you’ll need to buy the tickets in person & pay with cash (bring exact change), a Mastercard or Visa debit card, or a Discover card.
- Keep an eye on Busch Gardens’ Facebook page or Twitter feed for deals, too.