Darn, this deal has expired.
Mark your calendar: The InLight Richmond Lantern Parade will take place on November 2, 2012.
Want to join in? Take advantage of one of these free lantern-making workshops to create your own:
- October 13 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: You can make a ‘stained glass’ lantern for one of the crafts during the free Art of Glass event at VMFA 200 N. Boulevard.
- Join the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in a celebration of the art of glass. This VMFA day of discovery includes “stained glass” lantern-making with 1708 Gallery, tours, musical performances on glass instruments, ice sculptures, hot glassblowing demonstrations and more to celebrate the exhibit opening on October 20th of Dale Chihuly’s work. FREE.
- October 14, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Create House Lanterns designed by Matt Lively at the Visual Arts Center of Richmond, 1812 West Main St., Richmond.
- Create a paper lantern shaped like a dwelling. FREE.
- October 27, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.: Bring your Own Craft at QUIRK Gallery, 311 W. Broad St., Richmond. 1708 Gallery will supply all the materials to make a variety of crafty lanterns.
- October 28. 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Make Family Maharaja Lanterns inspired by the lights and colors of India at The Visual Arts Center. 1812 W. Main St., Richmond.
- Lantern-making . Bring the kids and join artist Sarah Hand in making these artful lanterns. Families will work in groups to create the lanterns. FREE.
- During the month of October, The Children’s Museum of Richmond is offering lantern-making in the Art Studios at both the Short Pump and Downtown locations; free with admission.
- November 2. 6:00 p.m.-7:15 p.m.: Lantern-Making at InLight Richmond 2012. Parade starts at 7:30 p.m.