Darn, this deal has expired.
On Saturday, October 6, 2012, the Richmond International Dragon Boat Festival will take place at Rocketts Landing.
It’s free to watch the races, which start at 9:30 a.m., and that alone should be awesome–Dragon Boats are 40-foot canoes with decorative Chinese dragon heads & tails. During the race, teams of 20 synchronized paddlers, a drummer, and a steer person race 500 meters up river.
But while you’re there, be sure to check out the live entertainment during the festival. Here’s the schedule:
- Taiko Drums, Matsuri – Richmond Community Taiko Group
- Children’s Dance, Wa Ha Ha – Pacific Arts Troupe
- Dance, Wings of Love – Pacific Arts Troupe
- Taiko Drums, Yati-Bayashi – Richmond Community Taiko Group
- Fashion, East Meets West – Pacifice Arts Troupe
- Dance, On Gold Mountain – Richmond Chinese Folk Dance Group
- Dance, Taiwanese Aboriginal Dance – Richmond Chinese School
- Dance, Mongolian Dance – Richmond Chinese Folk Dance Group
- Dance, Red New Year – Richmond Chinese Folk Dance Group
- Children’s Dance, Peacock Dance – CVCS West
- Dance, Happy Gathering – Richmond Chinese Folk Dance Group
- Dance, Butterfly Lovers – Richmond Chinese Folk Dance Group
- Dance – Asian Beat Dance Team from University of Richmond
- Dance, Laundry Dance – CVCS South
Rocketts Landing is located at 251 Rocketts Way, Richmond, and there’s free parking nearby (map).