Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates,follow @rvacheap on Twitter, like RVA on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
The free concerts range from classical to contemporary and jazz to chamber music. Here’s the lineup for this week + the rest of the 2012-2013 season:
- November 3: Sigma Alpha Iota, an international fraternity for women in music, presents solo and chamber music.
- November 17: Emme St. James and Her Jazz Gentlemen perform jazz standards and sultry sounds of days gone by, along with holiday favorites from their “Christmas Cabaret” album.
- December 15: Richmond Boys Choir performs their 16th annual concert—a holiday tradition at the Richmond Public Library.
- January 5: Ruta Smedina-Starke, pianist, performs “Scenes from Childhood” by Robert Schumann and works by J.S. Bach, F. Chopin, and F. Liszt.
- January 19: Richmond Music Teachers Association—a concert by members commemorating the 40th anniversary of RMTA.
- February 9: “An Afternoon with Shostakovich, Mozart, and the Belle Isle Strings”
- February 23: Joshua Allen, bass-baritone, performs classical music, Negro spirituals, and folk music on handmade gemhorns, coronet, and recorders.
- March 16: Hyunja Lee, pianist, performs Debussy solo works and piano trio works by Beethoven, Bruch, and Bolling with violinist Helen Jung, violin, and cellist William Jung.
- March 23: Greater Richmond Children’s Treble Choir, directors Hope Armstrong Erb and Pete Curry-”Lyrics, Laughter & Learning”- Come be loud in the library and learn a lot too with GRCC’s entry-level Treble Choir presenting music, poetry, games and sing-alongs from around the world.
- April 13: Klezm’or’Ami’m, 11-member ensemble, performs the music of Eastern European Jews: Klezmer.
- April 27: Williamsburg Chamber Players perform a program of chamber music for strings and piano.
The free concerts take place in the Gellman Room of the Richmond Main Library, 101 East Franklin Street, Richmond.