It’s the Annual Richmond Bluegrass Jam.
Support our Veterans, Celebrate Bluegrass
February 21, 2015 – Noon to Midnight
The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen
Now a local tradition, the Richmond Bluegrass Jam raises money for the Richmond Fisher House, a home-away-from-home for military families while their loved ones recover at McGuire Veterans Medical Center. Over the last five years, local music fans have helped us donate more than $64,000 to support these deserving families—and they’ve had a great time doing it!
This family-friendly event features:
- 30 of the best local bluegrass bands
- 4 stages, including one “open-mic” stage (all indoors and/or heated)
- Food trucks
- Local craft beer and wine
- Open jams all day (bring your acoustic instrument)
- FREE admission (donations strongly encouraged)
- FREE parking both on site and in nearby lots (with shuttle service)
Here are a few things you need to know from their website:
- There is no charge to get in the door, but we ask all who come to make a generous donation. All proceeds will go to the Fisher House, and the gifts are tax-deductible. You can donate online now or at the event.
- Thirty of the region’s best bluegrass bands are donating their time and talents to the cause, combining to play great live music for 12 straight hours on three stages. Check out the lineup.
- This is a family-friendly event with lots of great food, drinks and activities for the kids. There also are plenty of places to dance and move around.
- If you play, bring your instrument along. We have lots of open jam space and the GrowRVA Open Mic Stage where you can join the pickin’. And, we’ll have a secured instrument check station if you get tired of carrying it around.
- We’ll be back at the beautiful Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen, located at 2175 Mountain Rd., near I-295 and I-95. There is expanded parking both on site and via shuttle service from additional nearby lots.