Music in the Park at Forest Hill Park is on my list of places to be at least one Sunday this summer:
Every month from May-October, pack a picnic, grab some lawn chairs or a blanket, & head out to Forest Hill Park for a free evening of live music.
Here’s the schedule for this week + the rest of the 2014 season:
- June 8, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.: Many Nights Ahead (bluegrass)
- July 13, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.: L’il Ronnie & the Grand Dukes (R&B)
- August 10, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.: Monk’s Playground (jazz)
- September 7, 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Paulo Franco & the Rateros (Americana)
- October 5, 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Loversville (country)
The main entrances to Forest Hill Park are at Forest Hill Avenue at West 41st Street and New Kent Avenue at 42nd Street.