What’s better than the big game on Sunday, February 4th? The food of course! Here’s a great recipe you will love and it feeds a crowd. Quick, easy, and delicious!
Countdown to the Big Game Day with this treat on the menu. It’s an appetizer or a whole meal depending how much you make and thick you make it. You may want to double the recipe because it’s going to go fast no matter which team you’re cheering for on February 4th.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey, or sausage – your choice!)
- 1 small can of finely diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 – 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained (15-ounce)
- Garlic Salt
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Tortilla chip
- Sharp grated cheddar cheese (about 10 ounces but more can be better!)
- Fresh crisp lettuce
- Salsa or Pico (make your own or buy it)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown meat in a large skillet until done. Drain any excess grease.
- Heat oil in skillet and add onions and bell peppers. Cook until soft and tender. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder if desired. Add browned meat back to pan along with diced tomatoes and stir well.
- Add can of beans to the meat mixture and stir together, cooking until just warm and juice is slightly absorbed (about 3-4 minutes)
- Put a layer of tortilla chips on bottom of baking sheet. Make the layer of chips as thick or thin as you like.
- Spoon meat mixture onto chips and sprinkle with grated cheese. Add Jalapenos if desired.
- Bake until cheese is melted and chips are slightly toasted.
- Top your dish with lettuce, salsa, pico and other toppings of your choice. (Some optional toppings include sour cream, guacamole, or more cheese and chips!)
Add your favorite beverage and enjoy!