In the mood for a FREE jazz concert in Richmond? You can groove to an eclectic mix of jazz ensembles every Thursday, 6 – 9 pm, at VMFA’s Best Café. The Jazz Café is presented to the public by the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, in conjunction with the Richmond Jazz Society, completely free of charge! Light fare and beverages available for sale. Be sure to check the VMFA Jazz Cafe website. Artists subject to change.
CAROL COVELL TRIO
Jazz standards and selections from the Great American Songbook with vocalist Carol Covell, Lee Covington on keyboard and Matt Hall on bass
JAZZ AROUND THE MUSEUM – MARBLE HALL
Back by popular demand!! Who says a Jazz band can’t party, get down, and get funky? Led by saxophonist Robert “Bo” Bohannon, Klaxton Brown combines the old with the new, and will rock you steady all night long. Prepare to get Klaxtonized!
TWO BIRDS, ONE STONE
This classic Jazz trio will thrill you with their renditions of the American Songbook.
Featuring Ken Kellner on bass, Lucy Kilpatrick on keyboard and Todd Woodson on drums.
GLENNROY AND COMPANY
These entertaining music specialists will play a variety of Jazz, R&B and mild top forty tunes. Led by Glennroy Bailey on flute and featuring Debo Dabney on keyboard, Brian Johnson on drums and Everard Thomson on bass. Get ready to swing and sway!!
Admission to VMFA’s permanent collection galleries & Jazz Café is free. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is located at 200 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard, Richmond. 804-340-1400. Artists subject to change. Visit the website to see a list of performers by date and to confirm dates and times.
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- Richmond’s Museums Highlight History, Art, Science and More
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Richmond’s Public Pools & Splash Pads
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- 12+ Free Things to do in Colonial Williamsburg
- RVA Historic Sites
- Free Art Galleries in RVA
- RVA’s Nearby Ski Resorts
- 50+ Things to Do in Richmond
- Orchards and Berry Farms
- Things to Do: RVA
- 50+ Events & Festivals
- Special Resources
- Military Discounts
- FREE for Kids (or really cheap)
- Garage, Moving, Estate Sales and more
- Metro Richmond Zoo
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Fairs in RVA and Virginia
- Richmond Museums: Some Admission Free
- Discount Tickets: D.C. & NoVA Shows & Events