Ready to take down the Christmas tree but not sure what to do with it? Here’s an option or two.
Free Christmas Tree recycling through Friday, February 2, 2018
ONLY LIVE TREES WITHOUT DECORATIONS – NO TREE VENDORS
- Chesterfield County Northern Area Convenience Center
3200 Warbro Road (off Hull Street Rd. or off Genito Rd.)
Monday, Tuesday, Friday through Sunday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Chesterfield County Southern Area Convenience Center
6700 Landfill Drive (off Ironbridge Rd.)
Monday, Thursday, Friday through Sunday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Central Convenience Center, Rt. 632, near Rt. 522, 1908 Hidden Rock Lane (open 7 days a week). Western Convenience Center, Rt. 606, 3455 Hadensville Fife Road (closed on Wednesdays) – 7:30 am – 6 pm and Sundays 1 pm- 6 pm. Click here for convenience locations.
December 26 through January 18 recycling. Visit website for more information and locations.
The Keep Henrico Beautiful Committee and Henrico County Department of Public Utilities will accept Christmas trees for recycling into mulch from Tuesday, Dec. 26 through Sunday, Jan. 7.
The FREE service, which preserves landfill space and protects the environment, is available to Henrico residents only. Trees will be accepted at the following locations:
- Henrico Government Center, 4301 E. Parham Road, in the lower parking lot;
- Eastern Government Center, 3820 Nine Mile Road, in the front parking lot;
- Springfield Road Public Use Area, 10600 Fords Country Lane, near Nuckols Road and Interstate 295; and
- Charles City Road Public Use Area, 2075 Charles City Road.
Trees can be dropped off anytime at the Henrico Government Center and Eastern Government Center and from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily at the Springfield Road and Charles City Road public use areas. Trees must be free of tinsel, lights, ornaments, tree stands and water bowls.
Free mulch is available to Henrico residents at the public use areas. For information, go to henrico.us/services/free-mulch or call (804) 501-7277.
Trees can be dropped off at the following locations through January 6:
- In the yard waste area at the East Richmond Road Convenience Center, located at 3800 East Richmond Road
- In the yard waste area at the Richmond Southside Transfer Station, located at 3520 North Hopkins Road
The City of Richmond Department of Public Works and the Richmond Clean City Commission will be hosting its annual “Bring One for the Chipper” Event on Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 10 am -2 pm at 1710 Robin Hood Rd and N. Blvd. (field across from the Arthur Ashe Center. In addition to Christmas Tree recycling, the city is hosting electronics recycling ( fees may apply on certain items) and document shredding (up to 5 boxes) and city recyclers can drop off their 24 gallon green bins for reuse in city schools since now have 95 gallon recycling cart with a blue lid.
Please contact the City of Richmond staff directly for fee information and other requirements as this event is for City of Richmond residents only. Proof of residency required.