1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke. 80% of cardiac events can be prevented with education and lifestyle changes. Make a change!
National Wear Red Day® — the first Friday each February — is our special day to bring attention to this staggering fact. American Heart Association encourages everyone to wear red, raise their voices, know their cardiovascular risk and take action to live longer, healthier lives.
Here are some great FREE ways to promote this important cause on February 5:
- Start moving and get some healthy exercise with these tips
- Enjoy heart healthy food with these recipes
- Learn ways to stay healthy by knowing simple changes to make
- Check out this Heart Healthy Guide
- Join the GoRedForWomen Facebook page
- Just WEAR RED on Friday, February 5!
- Start keeping a food diary
- Invite your friends to wear red, take a picture, and post it on social media with hashtag #GoRed