ALL Virginians 12 and older are eligible for the COVID19 vaccine. Numerous COVID-19 vaccines are available in Virginia and numerous organizations are clearly presenting information about how to get the protection. Find a provider near you and make a vaccination appointment at vaccinate.virginia.gov or by calling 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682). You can learn more at the Richmond City/Henrico Virginia Department of Health District: vdh.virginia.gov/richmond-city
Need a tasty treat to convince you to get vaccinated? Krispy Kreme donuts 🍩 is showing sweet support to those who have received the COVID-19 Vaccine. Bring your Vaccine Card to a Krispy Kreme shop and get 1 FREE Original Glazed doughnut. This will run thru end of 2021. (Tantalizing photo at the bottom of this post.) Info at https://bit.ly/3141hMi
⭐️ To register for a COVID-19 Vaccine, go to Virginia Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Response page. Virginia has a COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Registration System. You can go to vaccinate.virginia.gov or call 877-VAX-IN-VA to pre-register for the vaccine and get clear, updated information. Language translation available TTY users dial 7-1-1. For more information visit : https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
Vaccination Information for Virginians
- Find your eligibility phase in English and Spanish.
Please list your race/ethnicity when you sign up for your vaccine and on the day of your appointment. We ask because this helps to ensure fair and equitable vaccine access and distribution to all Virginians.
[Español: Asegúrese de incluir su raza y etnicidad cuando se registre para recibir la vacuna de COVID19 o el día de su vacuna. Su información ayudara a mantener acceso y distribución equitativa de la vacuna de COVID 19 a todas las comunidades en Virginia.]
- Virginia’s vaccine priority groups.
- Frequently asked questions for Virginia’s vaccine plan.
- Virginia’s COVID-19 vaccine timeline.
- Information for the general public, health care professionals, and the media.
- Call the VDH hotline 877-ASK-VDH3 (877-275-8343). Language translation services available.
- Si usted tiene alguna pregunta llámenos al 877-275-8343.
There are multiple umbrella websites where you can find out where vaccines are being distributed and how to register.
•The Center for Disease Control CDC Vaccine finder provides overall information about how to get the vaccine no matter where you are: https://vaccinefinder.org/
•National Public Radio has a webpage that explains How To Sign Up For A COVID-19 Vaccine In Your State
You can make a difference in many people’s lives by becoming a Virginia Medical Reserve Corps volunteer at COVID-19 vaccination clinics. Volunteers often get vaccines.
⭐️ For a lively and informative current discussion on how to navigate vaccine sites and protocols, check out the advice from Facebook group RVA Vaccination Hunters.
Read more Richmond on the Cheap health and wellness posts.
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Seven Spots to See Cherry Blossoms in the Richmond Area
- Visit Richmond MetroZoo
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- Orchards and Berry Farms
- Special Resources
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Richmond Historic Cemeteries offer quiet solace of nature, window to the past and notable art
- Richmond area farmers markets
- Richmond area scenic drives
Greater Richmond Area