Craft fairs are a whimsical way to acquire one-of-a-kind stocking stuffers, cute handmade items, office gifts and decorative items for the home. Generally, there are a variety of Richmond-area fairs, boutiques and holiday bazaars sponsored by stores, schools, associations, churches and markets. Shopping at these fairs are a great way to support local artisans and appreciate the ancient art of DIY crafting. Crafty gifts are a personal, out-of-the box way to fill your list from juried fine art to wholesome treats. Craft fair gifts are sure to convey that warm holiday feeling.
Do you know of a craft fair or event that should be on this list this year? Email us the who, what, when, where and how much plus a link at email@example.com. Please let us know if you are the merchant or organization offering the deal or a customer passing on a tip.
KEEP CHECKING BACK AS WE UPDATE DATES, LINKS AND LOCATIONS
⭐️ Artisan Market at Main Line Brewery (1603 Ownby Ln. Richmond, VA) Sundays 1-4pm on Nov. 21, Dec. 5 & 19-20+ vendors selling home-made items such as jewelry, soaps, candles, hemp oils, and more. Social Distancing is observed accordingly. Masks must be worn while inside the taproom and when approaching vendors.
⭐️ Ongoing sale: •Cultural Arts Center of Glen Allen (2880 Mountain Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23060) Homemade for the Holidays
⭐️ Ongoing sale: • ArtWorksRVA. Shop Made in RVA Holiday Gallery online or stop by the gallery to see these handmade gifts. You’ll love the Small Works All Media show, art perfect for gifts. Meet the artists and enjoy live music.
⭐️ through Dec. 19 (select dates) Sip and Shop: Holiday Vendors Market at Stony Point Fashion Park. Dozens of rotating artisan, craft, and other local business vendors, along with Beer, Wine, and Spirits that you can enjoy while shopping. Check out the full lineup of vendors at: https://stonypointsipandshop.com/ This special event will open on Saturday, November 13, and then run every Saturday & Sunday from 11/13-12/19: Pls Black Friday! Hours are 11am-7pm on Black Friday & Saturdays, and Noon-6pm on Sundays. In addition to the Holiday Vendors Market, the mall will have: Santa; hours and setup TBA, Richmond’s only outdoor real ice rink!, Holiday Ice Dancing Shows & Performances Holiday Decorations and Music.
• Holiday Handmade Showcase @ Westchester Commons, D&T Shows – 177 Perimeter Dr, Midlothian, VA 23113-7315, United States – handcrafters only event.
• Christmas at Granny’s – Virginia Cliffe Inn (2900 Mountain Rd Glen Allen, VA 23060) Craft show featuring local vendors in multiple categories. Come and do all your holiday shopping under one roof. We transform the Virginia Cliffe Inn into a Winter wonderland craft store. Enjoy the beauty of our venue, bring your friends and family for a fun day out. This event supports Saint Josephs Villa, Virginia
•RVAg Fall Market Pop-Up at Fine Creek Brewing Company (2425 Robert E Lee Rd Powhatan, VA 23139)
• Craft + Design Online will go live November 19 – 21, 2021 and will be complemented with smaller in-person events throughout Richmond. A yearly event sponsored by the visarts.org. True to Craft + Design’s history, Craft + Design Online will kick off the holiday shopping season and provide an opportunity to support small businesses and local makers from all over the country. Shoppers will have the opportunity to browse and buy the work of artists who have been selected by a jury to show their work at Craft + Design. The online experience will be complemented with an in-person, outdoor sponsor and patron pick-up parade, VIP programming for an online Patrons’ Preview and Rise + Shine, as well as shopping parties hosted by committee and board members throughout Richmond.
•Nov. 19 & 20, 2021 – Shop Fest Weekend – Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 1800 Lakeside Ave., Richmond, VA ShopFest Weekend is a chance to get an early start on holiday shopping with special discounts for members only, all weekend long. With 20 percent off of all purchases for members, this is your biggest discount of the year.
⭐️Nov. 20 – Dec. 24 Bizarre Market Holiday 2021 at Richmond Young Writers, 2707 West Cary St. Richmond, VA
•Nov 20th from 10-2:30pm – Tucker High School Drama students are hosting a Craft & Vendor Fair at J.R. Tucker High School, 2910 N. Parham Rd Henrico VA 23294 Free Admission 50 Vendors
•Sat., Nov. 20-Dec. 24, 2021 from 12 – 6 pm Bizarre Market Holiday 2021 at Richmond Young Writers, 2707 W. Cary St. Richmond, VA 23220
• Boho Basement Merry & Bright Holiday Shop-Crawl. (1 N. Lombardy, Richmond) Browse hundreds of vintage and locally made items from incredibly talented artisans all over Virginia.
• Over The River Maker’s Mart and Perk Bon Air. The organizers are splitting up the market into two days with half the vendors on November 26 and 27 in the parking lot in front of Perk! Coffee & Lunchbox and Joe’s Inn.
• Sat., Nov. 27th (10 am-2 pm)The RVAg Holiday Pop-Up Market at Urban Farmhouse Midlothian is a fun pop-up event with locally grown and produced products and gifts. (13849 Coalfield Commons Place Midlothian, VA 23114)
Check back for specific dates of these yearly events:
•Nov. 25, 2021, Thursday – Thanksgiving (Check back for listing of restaurants open on Thanksgiving. Consider joining The Giving Heart, Community Thanksgiving Feast to volunteer and make donations.)
•Nov. 26, 2021 Friday – Black Friday (Check back for local attraction specials.)
December markets – CHECK BACK FOR SPECIFIC DATES:
• Carytown Open Air Christmas Market (2810 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221)
• Manakin Market Holiday Farm & Craft Market, 68 Broadstreet Road Manakin, VA 23103• Art Market at City Stadium
⭐️ Related post: Shop small, shop artsy: local boutiques in the Richmond area
⭐️ Related post: Richmond-area museum stores offer unique holiday gifts
Do you know of a craft fair or event that should be on this list? Email us the who, what, when, where and how much plus a link at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if you are the merchant or organization offering the deal or a customer passing on a tip.
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- Richmond’s Museums Highlight History, Art, Science and More
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Richmond’s Public Pools & Splash Pads
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- 12+ Free Things to do in Colonial Williamsburg
- RVA Historic Sites
- Free Art Galleries in RVA
- RVA’s Nearby Ski Resorts
- 50+ Things to Do in Richmond
- Orchards and Berry Farms
- Things to Do: RVA
- 50+ Events & Festivals
- Special Resources
- Military Discounts
- FREE for Kids (or really cheap)
- Garage, Moving, Estate Sales and more
- Metro Richmond Zoo
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Fairs in RVA and Virginia
- Richmond Museums: Some Admission Free
- Discount Tickets: D.C. & NoVA Shows & Events