Whether you’re a veteran or active-duty military, one thing is clear – we appreciate your service. To say “thanks” for serving, quite a few establishments offer Veterans Day freebies and deals on and around Wednesday, November 11, 2020.
This year there are less Veterans Day events and deals. But there are plenty of places to learn about military history and honor those who served. The Richmond National Cemetery is a United States National Cemetery three miles east of Richmond in Henrico County, Virginia. Administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, it encompasses 9.7 acres, and as of 2005 had 9,322 interments. It is closed to new interments. 1701 Williamsburg Rd, Richmond, VA 23231
Read more about Military Discounts in the Richmond area.
Richmond-area Veterans Day Events and Deals
•Veterans Motorcycle Biker Rally – starting at 7:30am from the Chesterfield County Fair Grounds
•Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM – 12 PM – The Commonwealth’s Veterans Day Ceremony
Virginia War Memorial, 621 S Belvidere St, Richmond, Virginia 23220. Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on November 11, 1918, marking the first anniversary of the end of World War I – the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour. Our ceremony will honor this 101st Anniversary of the original Armistice Day in 1918. Veterans Day is the federally recognized holiday that honors, remembers and thanks all who have served and who are currently serving whereas Memorial Day remembers those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. https://vawarmemorial.org/events/
Veterans Day event details
The VCU Military Student Services has partnered with the Military Order of the Purple Heart, Student Veterans Association & Armor Down to organize RVA Veterans Day Honor Quest : Lead From the Front. Join us for a day in Richmond of mindful thought and teamwork honoring those that served Veterans Day event details vary. Those who register have a chance to win $500 while exploring our community. Register for FREE here: https://bit.ly/35yYHjm. Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rva_honor_quest/
- On Veterans Day, November 11, 2020 you can get fee-free admission to national parks.
- Veterans and active military must now also be a member of the chain’s Red Robin Royalty program. New qualifying members must register by November 5. Plus, this year, the complimentary burger can be redeemed from November 12 to 30 — for dine-in OR to-go. (Previously, the offer was only available for dine-in.)
- On Wednesday, November 11, Shoney’s, aka America’s Dinner Table, will say THANK YOU like only it can, with an incredible FREE All You Care To Eat, Freshly Prepared BREAKFAST BAR on Wednesday, November 11, 2020, from open until 11 am.
- Great Cuts: Veterans & Active Military Members: Visit a U.S. Great Clips salon on Nov. 11 and receive either a free haircut that day or a free haircut card to use at a later date. Non-Military Customers can purchase a service at a U.S. Great Clips salon on Veterans Day and get a free haircut card to give to a military service member you know. Haircut cards are redeemable until Dec. 11 2020.
- Cracker Barrel announced that in recognition of Military Family Appreciation Month, it will donate a $10 Cracker Barrel gift card to Operation Homefront for each Country Fried Turkey Family Meal Basket sold in the month of November (up to $50,000)*, and the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Foundation will make an additional $50,000 donation to Operation Homefront – totaling up to $100,000 to support military families this holiday season. Additionally, on Veterans Day – Wednesday, Nov. 11, Cracker Barrel will thank the brave men and women who have served our nation by offering all U.S. military veterans a complimentary slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola® Cake when dining at any Cracker Barrel location nationwide.
Carrabba’s Italian Grill is offering all service members, veterans and first responders 10% off any visit to their local restaurant on Veterans Day and year-round with valid ID.
Bonefish Grill is offering a Heroes Discount offering 10% off all service members, veterans and first responders’ checks all day, every day with show of valid ID.
In honor of Veterans Day, Red Lobster is offering a free appetizer or dessert to veterans, active duty military and reservists with a valid military ID on Wednesday, November 11. Guests only need to show a valid military ID or proof of service to redeem this offer.
- Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar Offers $10 off $30 to Veterans, Active Duty Military and Military Families on Veterans Day
- Bob Evans will provide a comforting meal to veterans and active duty military. On November 11, we’ll be offering a special menu of seven homestyle favorites available to veterans and active duty miltary FREE* at their local Bob Evans Restaurant.
Applebees veterans discount
Chili’s veterans discount
Famous Dave’s veterans’ day special
Golden Corral discount
McCormick and Schmick’s Veteran’s Day special
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Starbucks will offer a free tall (12-oz) hot brewed coffee for veterans, military service members and military spouses at participating U.S. Starbucks stores. Starbucks will also donate 25 cents for every cup of hot brewed coffee sold nationwide on November 11 to military nonprofits Team Red, White & Blue and Headstrong to support the mental health and wellbeing of military communities.
- Metro Diner, known as the comfort food experts, is offering 50% off to active and retired military with valid military ID on Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11th. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the diner, for pick-up or delivery of their signature Fried Chicken & Waffles, Chicken Pot Pie, Meatloaf and latest chicken wing offerings. Visit https://metrodiner.com/ to find your nearest diner or to place your order today.
- Dunkin’ Gives Veterans a Sweet Salute with a Free Donut Offer on Veterans Day
- This Veterans Day, November 11, Wendy’s is
celebrating and saying “Thank You” to America’s active military and veterans with a FREE small breakfast combo. Full details below. To thank all of those who have served or are currently serving in the U.S. Military, Wendy’s nationwide are offering a FREE small breakfast combo with valid military ID. No purchase necessary. Offer available nationwide at participating Wendy’s. Veterans Day: Wednesday, November 11 from 6:30 – 10:30 a.m. Check your local Wendy’s as breakfast hours may vary by location. Redeeming the offer is simple – veterans and active military who show a valid military ID in-restaurant or at the drive-thru* can enjoy a morning meal on Wendy’s.
- To recognize and show Dollar General’s appreciation for veterans, active duty military members, members of the National Guard and Reserve and their immediate family members, Dollar General will provide an 11% discount on qualifying purchases on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 in all store locations or online by using promo code MILITARY11.
- Get a Free Denny’s Build Your Own Grand Slam breakfast for all U.S. Veterans on 11/11/20 from 5 AM – 12 PM. Hours vary by location. Dine-in only. Available for all active, non-active or retired personnel with a valid Military ID or DD 214.”
- More deals to come…
View more ongoing discounts for military and veterans.
•Colonial Williamsburg: Virtual Veterans Day Salute
• Richmond VA Medical Center – 1201 Broad Rock Blvd, Richmond, Virginia 23249 – TBD
Learn about military history at:
•Liberty or Death Reenactment – St. John’s Church
Veteran’s Day “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!” Reenactment – Since 1976, St. Johns Church Foundation has presented historical reenactments of the Second Virginia Convention of March 1775 at its original location. Professional actors in 1770s attire portray ten delegates, including Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington. The delegates engage in the debates and arguments of the Second Virginia Convention, which lead up to Patrick Henry’s immortal “Give me Liberty or Give me Death!” speech.