The 2021 Virginia Sales Tax Holiday runs through August 8, 2021, offering shoppers the chance to buy qualifying goods without paying sales tax. Shoppers can purchase qualifying items such as school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items and Energy Star and WaterSense products without paying the tax.
During the sales tax holiday, you can buy qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products without paying sales tax.
What items are eligible?
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
Detailed lists of qualifying items and more information for retailers can be found in the Sales Tax Holiday Guidelines.
See more posts on shopping deals around Richmond.
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- 12+ Free Things to do in Colonial Williamsburg
- RVA Historic Sites
- Free Art Galleries in RVA
- 50+ Things to Do in Richmond
- Orchards and Berry Farms
- Things to Do: RVA
- Things for Kids to do in Richmond
- 50+ Events & Festivals
- FREE (or cheap) Movies
- Special Resources
- Military Discounts
- FREE for Kids (or really cheap)
- Birthday Freebies
- Garage, Moving, Estate Sales and more
- Richmond’s Kids Eat Free or Cheap Deals
- Metro Richmond Zoo
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Richmond Museums: Some Admission Free
- 26+ Parks and Fun Places