Do you need some stunning nature in your life? All visitors to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden can enjoy FREE admission to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden: Sept. 5, 2022 for Genworth Free Community Day. Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden offers year-round beauty on a historic property with more than 50 acres of spectacular gardens, dining and shopping. A classical domed Conservatory is the only one of its kind in the mid-Atlantic.
The gardens are open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. FREE admission to the Garden on this day includes M&T Bank Pollinator Power featuring Butterflies LIVE! **The line to Butterflies LIVE! will close at 3:30 p.m. to ensure all visitors in line can see the exhibit.
BELOW ARE 5 IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW (from Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden)
- What to Bring: prepare for a warm day! Bring water bottles & sunscreen; wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed.
- What Not to Bring: Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. The Garden Cafe will be open with both indoor and outdoor dining and there are vending machines in the Children’s Garden. Please also do not bring sporting equipment such as Frisbees, bicycles, etc. into the Garden; learn more guidelines for a great visit
- Parking: Carpool if you can! Parking is limited and once lots are full, the Garden will close gates temporarily. Gates will re-open once space becomes available. We appreciate your patience; our security staff works hard to ensure everyone’s safety. If parking off-site, please be considerate of our neighbors and do not block driveways.
- There is no WaterPlay this year. We are currently designing and planning a brand-new WaterPlay area. We’re hoping to begin work this year in anticipation of a new WaterPlay next year. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Plan Your Visit: Here’s more info for planning your Garden visit, including accessibility. We’ll have extra Garden staff and volunteers working, so look for us — we’re here to help!