Beat the heat and humidity and keep fit by taking a dip in one of Richmond’s FREE or cheap pools.
The City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Facilities will open four pools Memorial Day weekend 2022 for the public’s enjoyment.
•Fairmount Pool – 2000 U St.
•Randolph Pool – 1507 Grayland Ave.
•Blackwell Pool – 300 East 15th St.
Hotchkiss Pool – 701 East Brookland Park Blvd.
The four pools will be open exclusively on the weekends until June .
June 19, 2021 is the opening of all pools for normal summer hours.
Richmond Parks and Recreation public outdoor pools
- Battery Park Pool (Northside)–Pool and Splash Pad
- 2917 Dupont Cir., Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-012 – (804)646-8849
- Blackwell Pool (Southside)
- 238 East 14th St. Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-8718
- Fairmount Pool (Eastend)–Pool and Splash Pad
- 2000 U St.,, Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-3831
- Hotchkiss Pool (Northside)
- 701 East Brookland Park Blvd.,, Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-3762
- Powhatan Pool (Eastend)
- 5051 Northhampton St., Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-3595
- Randolph Pool (Westend)
- 1401 Grayland Ave., Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-1329
- Woodville Pool (Eastend)
- 2305 Fairfield Ave., Richmond, VA 23221 – (804)646-3834
⭐️ Henrico Residents swim for FREE! at the Frank J. Thornton YMCA Aquatic Center (closed for maintenance between May 30 and June 4.) https://www.ymcarichmond.org/locations/thornton-ymca-aquatic-center/
• Aquatic Recreation Center which includes a spray area for the kids at Pocahontas State Park is open for 2022, located a half an hour from Richmond, 10301 State Park Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832-6355
Visit websites or call to confirm dates and times as they may change after posting here.
Richmond Parks and Recreation Indoor Pools:
- Bellemeade Pool (Southside)
- Bellemeade Indoor Pool (1800 Lynhaven Avenue)
- Calhoun Pool (Northside) CLOSED
- 436 Calhoun St. Richmond, VA 23221 – Phone: (804)646-4751
- Swansboro Pool
- Swansboro Indoor Pool (3160 Midlothian Turnpike)
⭐️ Looking for more low cost swimming options? Check out the YMCA of Richmond locations with indoor and outdoor pools
Keep your little ones cool this summer: Creek Splashing Fun Around Richmond
Splash pads are open:
•Short Pump Park – 3329 Pump Road | Henrico, VA 23233
•Stoney Point Fashion Park – 9200 Stony Point Parkway Richmond, VA 23235
•Twin Hickory Park and Recreation Center – 5011 Twin Hickory Road | Glen Allen, VA 23059 | (804) 652-1430 | TwinHickory@henrico.us
•WaterPlay at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden: 1800 Lakeside Avenue, Richmond, Virginia 23228 Price: regular garden admission(free for members)
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- SIX ways to enjoy Pocahontas State Park
- Five family-friendly spots to explore the James River
- Free Open Studio Sundays at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Five hikes to try this fall around RVA
- Discounts & Free Programming for Military Families
- Hike it Baby offers FREE outdoor recreation for children & caregivers
- Richmond’s Farmers Markets
- Free and Cheap Date Ideas in Richmond, Virginia
- Things for Kids to do in Richmond
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Outdoor Labyrinth Walks in the Richmond area offer contemplation, movement
- Celebrating Indigenous Culture in the Richmond area
- Richmond Historic Cemeteries offer quiet solace of nature, window to the past and notable art