Living in Richmond gives you great access to the James and Appomattox Rivers. You can also enjoy boating on Lake Chesdin in Chesterfield County. Check out a marina or boat launch near you and enjoy boating, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking in Virginia.
Dutch Gap Boat Ramp. 441 Coxendale Road, Chester, VA 23831.
Jordan Point Yacht Haven. 101 Jordan Point Road. Hopewell, VA 23860.
Robious Landing Park. 3800 James River Road, Midlothian, VA 23113.
Anchor Point Marina. 303 Beacon Ridge Drive, Hopewell, VA 23860.
Appomattox Boat Harbor. 1604 Fine Street, Prince George, VA 23875.
Hopewell City Marina. 1051 West Riverside Drive, Hopewell, VA 23860.
Appomattox River Canoe Launch. 21501 Chesdin Road, South Chesterfield, VA 23803.
Appomattox River Regional Park. 1052 River Road, North Prince George, VA 23875.
Lake Chesdin Campground Boat Ramp. 713 Sutherland Road, Church Road, VA.
Lake Chesdin Boat Ramp. Chesdin Lake Road, Sutherland, VA 23885.
Seven Springs Marina. 8629 River Road, South Chesterfield, VA 23803.
Related post: The ultimate list of Richmond area parks and playgrounds
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- Shop small, shop artsy: local boutiques in the Richmond area
- Richmond Historic Cemeteries offer quiet solace of nature, window to the past and notable art
- Free Open Studio Sundays at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Free & fun activities in Ashland
- White Bank Park: Inclusive Playground in Colonial Heights, Virginia
- Manteo, NC – A Family Guide
- Learn the Benefits of Meal Prepping with Tricia Miller
- Campgrounds in Richmond Virginia: Pocahontas State Park
- Outdoor Labyrinth Walks in the Richmond area offer contemplation, movement
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Richmond’s Local Highlights
- Hike it Baby offers FREE outdoor recreation for children & caregivers
- Five Hikes in Richmond, Virginia
- Five hikes to try this fall around RVA
- Free and Cheap Date Ideas in Richmond, Virginia
- Parks around Richmond, Virginia
- Discounts & Free Programming for Military Families
- SIX ways to enjoy Pocahontas State Park
- Five family-friendly spots to explore the James River
- Richmond’s Farmers Markets
- Top Road Trip Destinations
- Wildrock, A Natural Playground for Children
- Things for Kids to do in Richmond
- Spring Cleaning Tips from Tricia Miller of Miller Family Vibes
- The Best Donut Shops in Richmond