When it comes to birthdays, holidays, anniveraries, or any time for gift-giving, it can be stressful. Why not give a memorable, thoughtful gift they will enjoy all year long? RVA has lots of great ways to have fun all year long so consider the gift that keeps on giving.
- Museum Memberships. With so many museums to explore in RVA, a museum membership is the perfect gift. Children will love the Children’s Museum of Richmond, and everyone will enjoy the Science Museum of Virginia. Enjoy museums all year long with the gift of membership. Click here for a great list of options.
- Richmond Metro Zoo. What better gift than a zoo membership? Purchase a membership and get extra bonuses too. And in December get $2 off each membership with code “december17”.
- Season Theater Tickets or Tickets for Special Events. Virginia Repertory Theatre, Children’s Theatre of Virginia, Altria Theater, and Hippodrome Theater are just as few options. And there are plenty of sporting events with tickets as gift options including VCU basketball, Richmond Spiders, NASCAR and more. Consider theater tickets for a thoughtful gift that will be remembered. Ticketmaster is a great resource or go directly to theater websites. You can also score great ticket deals on Groupon too.
- Magazine Subscriptions. Print is still in! People love to get their hands on magazines so what better gift? Magazines about hobbies, kids crafts, sports, culture, wine, and lots more are available. Be sure and read the fine print – you may want to opt out of any promotional mailings and ensure you don’t grant permission to add the recipient to mailing lists.
- Warehouse Club Memberships. Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJs are options for gifts. Groupon is a good place to look for warehouse membership deals too. They are offering a 50% discount for BJ’s membership now (deal expires soon).
- Contributions. Gifting a contribution in honor of a person is a great gift. You can gift to local charities or a cause that is important to the individual. Or make a contribution to a college fund for a child like a 529 or personal savings – or start a college savings account for a child and contribute routinely on special occasions in the future to keep it growing. Contribute to a local church or fire station in honor of someone. Think about what’s important to the person and get creative. This gift will be long-remembered and will go a long way in helping others at the same time.
- Classes. If you know someone who loves to paint, enjoys dancing, want to learn to play piano, or has other interests, consider a gift certificate for classes.
- Gift Cards. This gift never gets old! People love gift cards. Restaurants, venues, and retail all offer them. And when you purchase gift cards you often get bonus cards or other savings! Double-win! Check out these gift card bonus ideas.