If you haven’t been to Carter Mountain for apple picking, you don’t know what you’re missing! It’s a festival every day on the mountain and it’s just a short drive up I-64 towards Charlottesville. They are open daily 9am – 6pm. Timed tickets required for entry as well as driving tours. Food, apples, and more are available for purchase.
There are plenty of activities every weekend during Apple Harvest Celebration including:
- Pick Your Own Apples (the orchards are massive and fun!)
- Lunch from the Mountain Grill
- Wine Tastings
- Apple Pie
- Famous Apple Cider Donuts
- Fresh-pressed Cider
- Lots of fun and games!
The fresh air and beautiful mountain scenery from atop Carter Mountain is a lovely escape from the city. They are open 7 days a week for apple picking, or you can grab apples already picked. Visit the country store or head by the bakery. You’ll also find plenty of pumpkins in all shapes and sizes.
Henley’s Orchard is a smaller, family-owned orchard in Crozet.
- More things to do in and around Richmond:
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Pumpkin patches, corn mazes and fun farms
- Richmond area farmers markets
- Spotlight on Richmond apple cideries
- Pick your own orchards and farms around Richmond
- Richmond area scenic drives
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Richmond Historic Cemeteries offer quiet solace of nature, window to the past and notable art
- Professional practicing porch photography
- Visit Richmond MetroZoo