There is nothing in the world that matches the feeling one gets when surrounded by soft lights while simultaneously being enveloped by the smell of pine. A Christmas tree is just the thing to help get in the spirit of the holiday. This listing shows the many places of where to get trees cheap, one-time sales, fun places to find Christmas trees, places you can cut down your own Christmas Tree, and farms or stores with live Christmas trees. Before going to your regular tree farms, go online and check first. Some of them are now appointment only due to COVID and I some are also pre cut due to COVID.
To find an economical, real or fake tree check out your local Kroger, Home Depot or Lowe’s, Costco, Food Lion, Home Depot, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Michael’s Stores, Walmart or Lidl.
•Strange’s florist is a classic place to purchase Christmas trees, with good service and pricing (12111 W Broad St Richmond, VA 23233)
Fun places to get a Christmas tree
- Firever Pines (5349 Jericho Road Ruther Glen, VA 22546)
- Hanover Pines Christmas Tree Farm Open Wednesday to Sunday 9-4:30.
- Whispering Pines Christmas Tree Farm (17451 Richmond Tpke Milford, VA 22514)
- Woods Tree Farm, Amelia – Woods Tree Farm in Amelia. Pre-cut trees and some fun holiday fun things to do at the farm. 10:30 to 5. Sat and Sun 10:30 to 5.
Places you can cut down your own Christmas Tree
- Claybrooke Farm out in Louisa. You take a tractor ride out to the field and they have a little shop and a fresh mini donut truck- so delicious! 912 Elk Creek Rd, Mineral, VA or lot at at 213 East Main St. Louisa, VA
- Hanover Pines Christmas Tree Farm: (23015 Beaverdam 18216 Teman Road.)
- Holly Berry Tree Farm (3901 Fordham Rd Richmond, VA 23236)
- J and J Treeland (2182 Harris Creek Rd Prospect, VA 23960)
- Nuckols Christmas Tree Plantation (1388 Anderson Hwy Cumberland, VA)
- O’Neal’s Christmas Trees (15270 Elm Cottage Rd Amelia Court House, VA 23002)
- (CLOSED THIS YEAR FOR X-MAS) Windy Knoll Farm: 10094 Windy Knoll Dr, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Willey’s Trees: 6305 Mechanicsville Turnpike, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- Windy Knoll Farm, 10094 Windy Knoll Dr., Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Uncle Frank’s Christmas Trees: 8170 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville (VA), 23111, United States
Farms or stores with live Christmas trees:
- Food Lion (5620 Hull St Rd, Richmond, VA)
- Francisco Farms is a family tree farm in Staunton. You can get trees from almost every year. Their lot is behind the Goodwill on Alverser.Drive.
- Great Big Greenhouse (2051 Huguenot Road Richmond, VA 23235)
- Holly Berry Christmas Trees, 3901 Fordham Rd. Richmond, VA
- Cross Creek Nursery & Landscaping. The prices are fair & trees long-lasting. 501 Courthouse Rd Richmond, VA 23236
- Sneeds Nursery (8756 W Huguenot Rd Richmond, VA 23235) – trees and wreaths
- Tom Leonard’s Farmers Market (4150 Tom Leonard Dr. Glen Allen, VA)
5 TIPS FOR SELECTING & CARING FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE
- Tom Leonard’s tree experts recommend buying a tree that is one foot shorter than your ceiling to allow enough room to top the tree with a star or angel.
- To check freshness, remove a needle and bend it in half. If the needle gives but doesn’t snap, the tree is fresh!
- Before taking your tree home, get a fresh cut of at least ½-inch to 1-inch to eliminate the heaviest build-up of sap and make it easier for the tree to take up water in the stand. Also make sure to get the bottom branches trimmed to allow for at least six-inches of the trunk to stand comfortably in the tree stand.
- Customers should never shave the bark off their tree; the tree actually “drinks” through the bark, not the stump. Our tree experts also recommend adding Stew’s Miracle Tree to the tree stand, which is a special formula developed with their growers that replenishes the tree’s nutrients immediately. Simply fill the tree stand with one part Stew’s Miracle Tree and two parts warm water.
- When you get home, place your tree away from a heat source and direct sunlight and keep your tree hydrated with Miracle Tree and plenty of water.
See more Christmas tree farms from this Virginia Department of Agriculture resource.
Be sure to subscribe to email updates, follow @rvacheap on Twitter or like RVA (Richmond) on the Cheap on Facebook to stay in the know about the latest freebies & deals. Does your business or organization have an event that you would like to feature here? Send it in firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related post:2021 Richmond Area December Craft Shows, Holiday Bazaars and Markets
Related post: 2021 Places to take photos with Santa in the Richmond area
Related post 2021 December holiday fun and FREE events around Richmond