The James River is one of the major draws of our city, but if you aren’t familiar with RVA, the parking, the crowds, and the overall experience leaves so much unknown, so I am sharing FIVE spots where you can safely have a river play day with young children, stress-free!
1. Great Shiplock Park & Chapel Island
2. Robious Landing Park
3. Pony Pasture
4. Belle Isle
5. Reedy Creek
Lindsay Garrison loves Richmond and is proud to raise her own family here. As a teacher for 12 years, she learned how to save, budget and stretch every penny. Additionally, she led groups of students to Europe annually, and took great pride in planning affordable, fun-filled trips. She transferred those skills to her daily life and shares them with readers of RVA on the Cheap. Lindsay utilizes RVA on the Cheap to make enriching life experiences accessible to all. Check her instagram: rva.familyfun for more affordable family adventures!
Do you love to be in the know? Be sure to subscribe to email updates, follow @rvacheap on Twitter or like RVA (Richmond) on the Cheap on Facebook to stay in the know about the latest freebies & deals.
- More things to do in and around Richmond this summer:
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- Visit Richmond MetroZoo
- Richmond area scenic drives
- Richmond area farmers markets
- Guide to Family Friendly Beaches
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Five Tips for Attempting the Capital Trail
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Beauty, History, Discovery from the Richmond Garden Trail