When planning a day out and about, it is always fun and free to start at your local public library. The Clover Hill Library in Chesterfield makes an excellent starting point for a day of learning, playing and delicious treats. Follow the itinerary below for an economical and exciting day.
1. Clover Hill Library (6701 Deer Run Dr., Midlothian, VA, 23112) is a spacious library with two resident fish, Elephant & Piggie greeting patrons. Often, there are activities in the library, like “I SPY” where children can earn small prizes for completing the challenge. To expedite your book search, try putting books on hold in advance and picking up upon your arrival.
2. The Desserterie (6161 Harbourside Centre Loop, Midlothian, VA, 23112) is in the shopping center across from the library. In addition to a variety of cakes, macarons and ice cream; The Desserterie has a full lunch and dinner menu. It is a charming restaurant with covered patio seating.
3. Horner Park (17701 Genito Rd., Moseley, VA, 23120) has trails for geocaching, large fields for soccer, kite flying or picnics. It is a large park with plenty of space, making social distancing a cinch.
The three attractions above are sure to fill your day with learning, exercise and a satisfied sweet tooth. For our family of 4, this day costs us less than $20!
— By Lindsay Garrison
Be sure to subscribe to email updates, follow @rvacheap on Twitter or like RVA (Richmond) on the Cheap on Facebook to stay in the know about the latest freebies & deals.
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Richmond Area Farms Offer Families Opportunities to See, Learn about Animals
- Pick-Your-Own Orchards and Farms in the Richnond area
- Ice skating and roller skating rinks in Richmond
- Richmond’s Farmers Markets
- FREE and cheap date ideas in Richmond, Virginia