Is it safe to visit area attractions? What are the cleaning and social distancing protocols? Will my kids like it? These are the burning questions swirling around in these unique times. Richmond on the Cheap sent writer Lindsay Garrison to the Surge Adventure Park to report on the experience.
Keeping children busy on cold or rainy days can be a challenge. And, sometimes you just need to get out of the house and burn some energy. A new adventure park to hit the Richmond area, Surge, can help with just that. Located in Regency Mall, Surge offers families a chance to have fun, get those wiggles out and play.
Here’s what you need to know before visiting Surge Adventure Park:
- Cost: A 1 hour ticket is $13.95. Based on my family’s experience, one hour was enough to tire all of us out. Ways to save: Children under 2 are free with the purchase of an adult ticket. On weekdays, toddler tickets are discounted to $7.99 with accompanying adult ticket only $2. Wednesdays: Buy One, Get One Free Jumps.
- Safety: For families with little ones, there is a separate toddler area for children ages 4 and under. Knowing older children won’t be clamoring all over your young kiddo is assuring. Masks are required and hand sanitizer dispensers are located throughout. During our Wednesday morning visit, we were easily able to maintain distance from other families, keeping one part of the park to ourselves at nearly all times. Staff are attentive, making sure patrons are following the guidelines of the park and using equipment appropriately.
- What to expect: Surge is massive. There are trampoline areas, similar to other trampoline parks, as well as, ninja warrior activities, balance beams, zip lines, pits filled with foam blocks to jump in, arcade games and dodgeball. With all the options it makes for an exhilarating, exhausting activity.
Flipping, climbing, jumping, running, playing: Surge Adventure Park offers all of these in one place. This is definitely one that will be a top choice for kids. As my seven year old said, “There is no favorite part. The whole place is my favorite”.
Surge Adventure Park at Regency Mall, 1406 N Parham Rd Suite A200 Richmond, VA 23229 – (804) 447-9356 https://surgefun.com/locations/Richmond/
Richmond on the Cheap contributor Lindsay Garrison is a Richmond, Virginia based mom to two young children. A graduate from Chesterfield Schools and Randolph-Macon College, Lindsay is proud to call Richmond home. In the years prior to planning activities and outings with her own children, she was a French teacher. During her tenure she earned accolades for her creative teaching style and ability to connect with her students. Lindsay now applies the skills she learned when she was planning student trips to France, to her own family adventures. She can’t wait to take her own children to France one day! Follow her adventures at @thegarrisonsrva
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- 🌸 Seven Spots To Enjoy Cherry Blossoms in the Richmond Area 🌸
- Ice skating and roller skating rinks in Richmond
- Richmond nearby ski resorts
- FREE and cheap date ideas in Richmond, Virginia
- Outdoor labyrinth walks in Richmond offer contemplation, movement
- Richmond area scenic drives
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails for all levels in the Richmond area
Richmond, VA 23229
Richmond, VA 23229