Richmonders’ favorite nature walks and scenic hiking trails can be enjoyed by hikers and nature lovers at all levels. The paths feature a variety of environments that are not so far from the city but can give you a brief escape from civilization and an appreciation of the natural world. Many have water access and features that help you get to know. These sites are a bike ride or car drive away.
Richmond’s favorite nature walks in the James River Park
-Historic Slave Trail
-Dogwood Dell Hiking Trail
-Forest Hill Park Trail – Forest Hill Park trails. Mountain like trails in the city… just be careful of the mountain bikers.
–Lowline Path along the Capital Trail
•Favorite hikes found at Chesterfield County Parks & Recreation
– Midlothian Mines Park (Chesterfield County) Near Midlothian Tpk & Woolridge Rd.
– Rockwood park. They have both natural and wide paved trails. Winds by a huge Lilly pond.
- More things to do in and around Richmond:
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Bicycling routes around Richmond
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Richmond Historic Cemeteries offer quiet solace of nature, window to the past and notable art
- Richmond area farmers markets
- Richmond area scenic drives
- Professional practicing porch photography