Sunflowers’ high season is generally July through September. The sheer number of bright yellow flowers you can enjoy at their fields are sure to impress and wow. Enjoy!
If you love flowers, plan to visit the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden as well as the stunning gardens at Maymont as well as the beauty and history on the Richmond Garden Trail. Also, check out gardening events around Richmond.
Mark Your Calendar for Sunflower Field Fun:
🌻 Alvis Farms Sunflower Fields Festival, 1080 Seay Rd, Manakin Sabot, VA 23103-2015.
🌻 Blooming Fields Farm, Meadow Farm Rd., Doswell, Virginia 23047. Festival is Aug. 27-28.
🌻 Braehead Farm: 1130 Tyler St., Fredericksburg, VA, 22401 – Open daily 9AM – 6PM
🌻 Windy Knoll Farms 10094 Windy Knoll Dr Mechanicsville, VA 23116
🌻 Fresh Branch Farm Sunflower Fields, 13801 N. Ivey Mill Rd, Chesterfield Va. 23838
🌻 Burnside Farms, 11008 Kettle Run Road, Nokesville, VA 20181 Prince William – predicted late July opening with sunflowers blooming for SIX weeks. Check Facebook for updates.
🌻 Chesterfield Berry Farm, 26002 Pear Orchard Road Moseley, VA 23120.
🌻 Liberty Mills Farm, 9166 Liberty Mills Road, Somerset, VA 22972
🌸 SAVE THE DATE 🌸
🌺 Love flowers? See the Beauty, History, Discovery from the Richmond Garden Trail.
- More things to do in and around Richmond:
- Visit Richmond MetroZoo
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- Richmond area scenic drives
- Richmond area farmers markets
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Beauty, History, Discovery from the Richmond Garden Trail
- Richmond Historic Cemeteries offer quiet solace of nature, window to the past and notable art