Richmond holiday-time pop-up shopping events take place online this year as well as in varied locations from urban shopping districts, to churches, from schools to historical sites. This list of holiday and Christmas craft and holiday fairs in Richmond spans those markets, to art galleries, shops, to community centers capturing the festive feeling during December that can also translate into gift giving along with connecting with the community of makers and vendors while enjoying yummy food Richmond is becoming famous for. The social aspect of interacting with vendors and makers can be an enjoyable way to usher in the holiday season.
Do you know of a 2020 craft fair or event that should be on this list this year? Email us the who, what, when, where and how much plus a link at email@example.com. Please let us know if you are the merchant or organization offering the deal or a customer passing on a tip.
- Shop Online at Bizarre Market: bizarremarket.net Book a private, in-person, shopping appointment: This weekend (Dec. 19, 20 & 21) is the last weekend of Bizarre Market Holiday Market 2020. Book your in-person shopping appointment or order online for curbside pickup, today! Shop Online: bizarremarket.net Book a private, in-person, shopping appointment: https://square.site/…/33VYWZ…/bizarre-market-richmond-va
- Sunday, Dec. 20 – 1-4pm – Artisan Market at Main Line Brewery (1603 Ownby Ln. Richmond, VA) 20+ vendors selling home-made items such as jewelry, soaps, candles, hemp oils, and more. Social Distancing is observed accordingly. Masks must be worn while inside the taproom and when approaching vendors. Parking: There’s plenty of on-site parking, with an additional parking lot at the top of the main entrance. Main Line Brewery features cold crafted beers, gluten-free hard seltzer’s, food trucks, and are a family-friendly & dog-friendly venue. Dogs are always welcomed both indoors and out.
- Dec. 19, & 20 – Holiday Handmade Showcase @ Westchester Commons, D&T Shows – 177 Perimeter Dr, Midlothian, VA 23113-7315, United States – handcrafters only event.
- DEC. 1-19, 12-6 P.M.- HOLIDAY VILLAGES 2020 PRESENTED BY THE RICHMOND NIGHT MARKET *VIRTUAL EVENT* There’s still plenty of time to knock out your holiday shopping. The Holiday Villages event local vendors, live music, and more.
- 1 -20 Dec. 2020 – Sip and Shop: Holiday Vendors Market at Stony Point Fashion Park – Dozens of rotating artisan, craft, and other local business vendors, along with Beer, Wine, and Spirits that will be available throughout the venue. Area restaurants will also be serving special menu items. There is no cover charge to attend.
Dec. 19 & 20, 2020 – Richmond Moon Market – TWO DAY Winter solstice craft market at Triple Crossing Fulton (5203 Hatcher St Richmond, VA 23231).
- At Alma’s RVA, an artist owned and operated shop, showroom and gallery presenting thoughtfully curated contemporary craft. (224 W Brookland Park Blvd. 1st floor, Richmond, VA 23222, tel: 804.269.3973) Current Exhibition : IN SEASON November – December 2020
SPECIAL SATURDAY EVENTS:
December 19 : Stocking Stuffers
All events run from Noon – 3pm at Alma’s RVA. 224 W Brookland Park Blvd, Richmond, VA 23222
All month online:
•The Cultural Arts Center of Glen Allen has launched Handmade for the Holidays, a digital catalog of handmade gifts, home décor, accessories and more featuring 24 Virginia makers and businesses. In a response to Covid-19’s impact on local artisans and the events they rely on for sales, this catalog aims to showcase makers and their unique wares, offering shoppers products for themselves or gift giving as well as a glimpse at the story behind the products. Purchases made through the catalog support the individual maker and their business as well as the Cultural Arts Center. See the full catalog at: http://bit.ly/HandmadeForTheHolidaysCACGA
Related post: 2020 Places to take photos with Santa in the Richmond area
Related post 2020 December holiday fun and FREE events around Richmond
Earlier in the month we enjoyed:
- Friday, December 4-Monday, December 14. – Atlas Holiday Market, Art 180, ART 180’s annual pop-up market featuring art, jewelry, crafts, and handmade goods by local artists just in time for gift giving season. Shop one-of-a-kind finds. Online shoppers will be able to choose between curbside pickup and shipping. In-person shopping will be limited to 5 at a time, masks required, at our Atlas Gallery in Jackson Ward. 114 W. Marshall St. Richmond.
- Sat. Dec. 5- Holiday Market at The Depot. Ashland. Market featuring some of the areas craftiest folks. 107 South Railroad Ave. Ashland
- 5 Dec. 2020 – 11am-4pm – Carytown Open Air Christmas Market (2810 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221)
- 12 & 13 Dec. 2020 – Carytown Art Market at City Stadium
SAT, DEC 12 AT 10 AM Artisan Holiday Market Artisan Events – Gather, 14321 Winterbreeze Dr., Midlothian, VA 23113
Do you know of an event that should be on this list? Email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see more shopping posts as well as food focused posts. If the material world isn’t your bag, Sign up for deals through Goldstar to learn about discounted events and shows in Richmond and beyond.
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- Richmond’s Museums Highlight History, Art, Science and More
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- 12+ Free Things to do in Colonial Williamsburg
- RVA Historic Sites
- Free Art Galleries in RVA
- RVA’s Nearby Ski Resorts
- 50+ Things to Do in Richmond
- Orchards and Berry Farms
- Things to Do: RVA
- 50+ Events & Festivals
- Special Resources
- Military Discounts
- FREE for Kids (or really cheap)
- Garage, Moving, Estate Sales and more
- Metro Richmond Zoo