The State Fair of Virginia will be at The Meadow from September 27-October 6, 2019. The family-friendly event is a multi-day event at the beautiful rural setting of The Meadow Event Park, which opened in 2009. You can enjoy rides, pet animals, see amazing shows, play games, see a concert or enjoy delicious food. With different events happening every day, no two visits are ever the same.
Gate Pricing (available Sept.27-Oct. 6):
Adult Admission: $15 (Ages 13 and up)
Youth Admission (Ages 5-12): $12
Children 4 and Under are free
Senior (60+): $12
Season Passes- $35 (sales end Sept. 20)
Unlimited Ride Wristband: $25
Individual Ride Tickets: $1 each, or $20 for a sheet of 25
Rides take between 3-6 tickets.
Want to head out on the cheap? You’ve got a few ways to save + there are extra perks on some nights during the fair.
- Enjoy Monday Night Meet-Up and Take-off Tuesday with family and friends. Bring your co-workers, family and friends to the fair after 5 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 30 to enjoy $8 adult tickets. Mondays are hard, let the fair ease you into the week with huge savings! Take-off Tuesday, Oct. 1, for an $8 adult admission at the gate. Moms, dads, grandparents, and friends join us all day to enjoy this special offer! Adults gate tickets are $8 starting Monday, Sept. 30 at 5 p.m. until close on Tues.Oct, 1.
Tickets must be purchased at the gate and are not valid with any other discounts. Tickets only valid beginning at 5 p.m. on 9/30 through 9 p.m. on 10/1 ONLY. Tickets cannot be saved and used at a later date.
- Save at least $3 in Advance-9/1-9/26! Save time and money online and at area Publix Super Markets when you buy in advance.
- Ticket prices for military admission: $12 at the gate (a $3 savings off the $15 adult gate admission). Military discount is for active-duty service members and retirees with a current military ID and their spouse. The discount does not apply to others in service members’ and retirees’ parties. Available at the gate ONLY.
- Farm Bureau members save on fair admission, food purchases Farm Bureau members save $5 off gate admission with coupon* *Coupons available from your county Farm Bureau. Coupons will be available starting Sept. 1 and are good for $5 off adult, child or senior ticket purchases on any day of the fair at the gate.Coupons can not be applied to any other discounts. They must be presented at the fair’s Ticket Plaza, along with a Farm Bureau membership card, when purchasing. Limit: two discount coupons per transaction per membership card. To use the food and beverage discount, show your membership card when placing your order. Participating vendors will display signage indicating their special pricing available to Farm Bureau members.
- Check for more discounts and offers on the State Fair of Virginia’s Facebook
Admission purchase covers all concerts, attractions and exhibits; however, some other attractions have an additional cost. Rides are not included in the general admission cost. Ride tickets and wristbands can be purchased at the fair at the Ride Ticket Booths in the Midway and Kidway areas. Here’s the concert lineup for 2019: Check for additional fees for blue ribbon seating that some concert-goers may appreciate.
- Friday, September 27, at 7:00 p.m.: Sugarhill Gang
- Saturday, September 28, at 7:00 p.m.: Crooked Road featuring Blue Highway and Wolfe Brothers String
- Tuesday, October 1, at 12:00, 3:00 & 6:00 p.m.: Martha Spencer & Kelley Breiding
- Wednesday, October 2, at 12:00, 3:00 & 6:00 p.m.: Martha Spencer & Kelley Breiding
- Thursday, October 3, at 7:00 p.m.: Zach Williams
- Friday, October 4, at 7:00 p.m.: Hardy
- Saturday, October 5, at 7:00 p.m.: Foghat
- Sunday, October 6, at 7:00 p.m.: Locash
The Meadow Event Park is located at: 13111 Dawn Blvd, Doswell. It’s about 1.5 miles east of Kings Dominion. Parking is free.
More things to do in and around Richmond:
- Richmond’s Museums Highlight History, Art, Science and More
- The Ultimate List of RVA Parks and Playgrounds
- Richmond’s Public Pools & Splash Pads
- RVA Dog-Friendly Parks
- 12+ Free Things to do in Colonial Williamsburg
- RVA Historic Sites
- Free Art Galleries in RVA
- RVA’s Nearby Ski Resorts
- 50+ Things to Do in Richmond
- Orchards and Berry Farms
- Things to Do: RVA
- 50+ Events & Festivals
- Special Resources
- Military Discounts
- FREE for Kids (or really cheap)
- Garage, Moving, Estate Sales and more
- Metro Richmond Zoo
- Richmond boat launches and marinas
- Fairs in RVA and Virginia
- Richmond Museums: Some Admission Free
- Discount Tickets: D.C. & NoVA Shows & Events